We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic casual staff to work in our Geraldton facility.
Working hours are generally outside “regular office hours” including afternoons, evenings, nights and weekends. There is a need to be flexible sometimes at short notice.
- Sorting, grading, trimming, washing and packaging lobsters.
- Baskets – weighing, tipping, moving, returning and preparation for loading trucks.
- Feeding graders, stun tank and packers.
- Checking tanks – removing weak lobsters; notifications of these removals.
- Ticketing, sealing, taping and stamping polystyrene boxes.
- Cleaning workplace / holding tanks / freezers / waste bins etc; and
- Removal of wastes.
There are structured training and competency assessments to progress to higher level Seafood Process Attendant grades and to other positions within the organisation.
Essential Job Requirements
- Safety – A desire to want to work in a safe environment, to be safety conscious. This position WILL involve contact with seafood and shellfish products.
- People – Ability to deal with situations calmly and diplomatically that allows open communication and rapport at all levels of the organisation.
- Technical– Ability to follow and give instructions in English. Basic numeracy, literacy and reasoning are also required.
- Experience – worked in a light-to-medium industry production process workplace (preference given to seafood/meat/dairy).
All candidates and international students are encouraged to apply.
Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in our workforce.