Incorporated in 1950 this progressive market leader has revenues exceeding $350 million annually with as many as 400 employees; a business which operates within highly commercial and competitive global markets. The Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative (GFC) is a multinational and globally successful exporter that receives, handles, processes and exports lobsters to international markets. As a Co-operative, GFC exists to maximise value for its fisher members, while ensuring sustainable outcomes for the stakeholders, industry, and community.
GFC has established sites in North Fremantle for receivals, handling and production of lobsters along with a recently commissioned state of the art purpose built Welshpool facility. It is envisaged that all stakeholders will reap return through our in-house research and development programs, cutting-edge technologies and the collaborative process of designing and commissioning the Welshpool export facility.
We are seeking an experienced Production Controller (Process Supervisor) providing day-to-day supervision of workers, processes and technical expertise in a very fast-paced around the clock facility.
You likely have any number of the following:
- A desire to work in a safe environment, maybe even a Cert 4 / Dip. OHS/WHS for Frontline Managers/Supervisors.
- Basic written/verbal English (the ability to provide instructions to workers clearly, succinctly and concisely).
- A recognised qualification in any of the following; Management / Aquaculture / Marine Biology / Engineering (Processes).
- Effective time management, hands-on frontline supervisory skills.
- Dealing with situations in a calm, professional and diplomatic manner that allows open communication and rapport at all levels of the organisation.
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Training / Certification
- HACCP – Food safety management systems training / certification.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Food Handling and Hygiene practices.
- Computer literate – Intermediate Microsoft Excel competence.
- Ability to assess problems and solve issues.
- Good numeracy, literacy and reasoning abilities.
- Demonstrated an ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of services and procedures.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience within aquaculture and/or live seafood handling industries.
- Fire Warden Training.
- First Aid Training.
- High-Risk Licence – (Forklift and/or Rigger/Dogger),
- Mechanical aptitude – use of hand tools.
We are a large business with a great team and a small business feel. We value hard work, a desire to improve continuously and the ability to work with people from all walks of life. This role is based in Perth Metro (Welshpool / North Fremantle).
To inquire about this exciting role contact Stephen Traverso, HR Manager GFC via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance or clarification.
This is a rare opportunity to make your contribution to a fact-based organisation with a great culture. If you can see yourself excelling in this position, send us your resume but don’t delay, apply today. Apply here on our site or through our Seek advertisement, Investing in GFC is an investment in your future.