Based in Geraldton and reporting to the GM – Supply Chain Operations, the role is responsible for managing all aspects of GFC’s onshore transport logistics function in GFC’s catchment area from Dongara north. Each day up to 140 fishermen members land live lobsters at numerous points up and down the coast, from Denham to Augusta. GFC’s supply chain staff receive these lobsters on the beaches and jetties and the catches are transported to central processing sites using a fleet of highly specialised HR and MR trucks. Due to the vagaries of commercial fishing, this role suits a flexible and creative thinker who can make effective decisions in response to very fast-paced changes, often at short notice.
- Ensuring the safe operation of GFC’s transport and logistics functions, including management of all vehicle maintenance and compliance with the Fatigue Management for Commercial Vehicle Drivers Code of Practice.
- Daily scheduling of assets to ensure the quality of live product is maintained
- Daily rostering of staff and scheduling of assets to ensure productivity and cost within the supply chain are maximised and minimised, respectively.
- Ensuring fishermen members are adequately serviced with transport and logistics functions that assure product quality and support their fishing operations through the timely provision of bait and supplies.
- All aspects of managing a team of casual truck drivers, including recruitment and training.
- Fleet management and planning to ensure efficient utilisation of assets.
- Project management relating to the construction and further development of live lobster trucks as required.
- Continuous improvement of transport and logistics functions.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to build and manage a team of staff
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to perform in a customer service role and deal professionally with stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Experienced with the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Preferred but not essential:
- Truck Driver’s licence
- Forklift licence
If you like working in a challenging role that gives you a real opportunity to contribute to developing a world class supply chain, we’d love to receive an application from you.