We are looking for 3 full-time truck drivers to join our team at Welshpool. The position will mainly involve truck runs between our Welshpool facility and Perth Airport, as well as between Welshpool and Fremantle. Candidates will also need to be willing to undertake production and maintenance activities during times when driving duties are not available.
Working hours are generally outside “regular office hours” including afternoons, evenings, nights public holidays and weekends. There is a need to be available for work at sometimes short notice.
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to obtain a police clearance and ASIC Card
- Ability to pass a commercial drivers medical
- Ability to pass Fatigue Management Training
- This position WILL involve contact with seafood and shellfish products.
- HC or MC Driver License (Manual)
- Experience driving commercially
- Ability to drive a 22,500kg GVM airport delivery vehicle between the facility at Welshpool and the airport.
- Ability to drive a water tanker semi-trailer.
- A desire to want to work in a safe environment, to be safety conscious.
- Ability to deal with situations calmly and diplomatically that allows open communication and rapport at all levels of the organisation.
- Manual handling is required for loading and unloading (i.e. a need to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move and hold crates/baskets).
- Ability to secure loads.
- Ability to follow instructions in English. Basic numeracy, literacy and reasoning abilities. Ability to complete appropriate paperwork, Driver’s log book, vehicle log book, etc.
- Ability to wear appropriate PPEs as instructed.
- Ability to be flexible with your working hours and attend work on short notice
- Willingness to undertake other operational activities
- Forklift License
- Experience working in a light to medium industry production process workplace (preference given to seafood/meat/dairy).