The successful candidate will be a key executive team member in one of Australia’s largest and most successful member owned organisations. Based in Perth and interacting with domestic and global markets, they will lead the trading and business development strategy to maximise short, medium and long term value to members.
Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative Ltd is one of Australia’s largest and most successful co-operatives. The organisation controls 63% of Western Australia’s commercial lobster market, equating to 4,000 tonnes per year and over $380million in revenue. With its world recognised ‘Brolos’ brand and strong market share, it is the dominant player in the global lobster market.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the executive team, this General Manager will provide exemplary leadership and management of trading and business development activities, significantly contributing to the Co-operative’s purpose to maximise value for its members.
Key competencies include:
- Demonstrated track record of successful leadership in trading, marketing and business development.
- Outstanding financial skills and commercial acumen.
- Sophisticated understanding of and experience in pricing, sales and marketing functions.
- Experienced in high value, complex business negotiations.
- Exceptional team leadership capabilities, including training, motivating and mentoring staff.
- Experience in international product marketing.
- Success as a collaborative executive team member.
- Ideally some experience of cooperative and mutual membership environments or closely held business environment.
Relevant tertiary qualifications, with additional post graduate qualifications being highly regarded.
Enquiries to Ivan Zuvela on +61 8 9322 0888. Please apply at www.gerard-daniels.com/register and quote ref S14142.