Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative Ltd is a large co-operative of 269 members who fish for Western Rock Lobsters. With its brand dominance ‘Brolos’, it is the world’s largest rock lobster exporter with the majority sold into China. The Co-operative controls 63% of the commercial catch, totalling 4,000 tonnes per year. It is one of Australia’s largest seafood companies with an annual turnover of $380million.
Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative Ltd is member owned and governed by a Board, consisting of six fisherman directors elected by members, and two independent directors. Reporting to the Board, the CEO will provide exemplary management of the organisation, whilst leading the development and execution of the Co-operative’s strategy in order to maximise value for their members.
Key competencies include:
- Demonstrated track record of successful leadership of a membership organisation.
- Outstanding financial and commercial acumen skills to manage the operations of a significant business.
- Sound understanding of sales and marketing principles, distribution and negotiating major contracts.
- Experience in international product marketing will be advantageous.
- Strong team leadership experience, including motivating and mentoring staff.
- Be a highly visible leader and well recognised in the WA business community.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, with additional post graduate qualifications being highly regarded.
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.