We are currently on the lookout for enthusiastic casual staff to join our pool of truck drivers based in Fremantle, who will service our coastal depots.
Working hours are generally outside “regular office hours” including afternoons, evenings, nights and weekends. There is a need to be available for work at sometimes short notice.
Essential Job Requirements
- Ability to obtain a Police Clearance
- Ability to pass a Commercial Drivers Medical
- Ability to pass Fatigue Management Training
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test before each shift
- This position WILL involve contact with seafood and shellfish products.
- Minimum HR Driver License
- Experience driving commercially and rural/country driving
- A desire to want to work in a safe environment, to be safety conscious.
- Ability to deal with situations calmly and diplomatically that allows open communication and rapport at all levels of the organisation
- Manual handling is required for loading and unloading which will require repetitively lifting of 30kg (i.e. a need to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move and hold crates/baskets).
- Ability to secure loads.
- Ability to follow instructions in English. Basic numeracy, literacy and reasoning abilities. Ability to complete appropriate paperwork, Driver’s log book, vehicle log book, etc.
- Ability to wear appropriate PPEs as instructed.
- Forklift License
- Experience working in a light to medium industry production process workplace (preference given to seafood/meat/dairy).