- An iconic globally successful WA based exporter
- World’s largest exporter of Western Rock Lobster.
- Working within an engaged and friendly team.
The Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative (GFC) is a globally successful exporter that receives, processes and exports lobsters to international markets. With revenues exceeding $400 million annually, the business operates within highly commercial and competitive global soft commodity markets. As a Co-operative, the GFC exists to maximise value for its fishermen members, whilst ensuring sustainable outcomes for the members, community and the industry.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Accountant/Payroll Officer to join our Finance team on a permanent full time or part time basis at our headquarters in Geraldton.
In this role you will be responsible for payroll, implementation of a new payroll and accounting system and assist the finance team with various tasks.This diverse, challenging and thoroughly rewarding role will see you working collaboratively across the divisions of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have a track record in accounting and payroll roles.
- Support and assist finance team with various financial and accounting duties.
- The accurate and timely processing of payroll for up to 300 permanent and casual staff.
- Compliant with employment conditions, tax and superannuation regulations and relevant employment awards.
- Maintaining the payroll system and employment records accordingly.
- Providing a high quality customer service to managers and employees.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting and payroll experience in a medium sized organization, using computerized timekeeping, payroll and accounting systems is essential.
- Higher education in Accounting would be desirable however not essential.
- Demonstrated experience managing payroll through the application of employment awards, superannuation and taxation regulations and other relevant employment legislation.
- Demonstrates ability to use personal organizational skills to process payroll with a high level of confidentiality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of customer service with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Experienced in administrative skills (competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; Intermediate to advanced).
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
- Team focused.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Focused on continual improvement and development.
- Strong relationship management, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
We are a large business with a great team and a small business feel. We value hard work, a desire to continuously improve and the ability to work with people from all walks of life.
To be considered for this position please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter written to the attention of the General Manager Finance via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref. Payroll); alternatively you can apply online at http://www.brolos.career.com.au/